Welcome, weebs, to Animated Observations
Its been a while since I’ve responded to a blog award of any kind, but thank you to Ospreyshire for the nomination. Here are the rules:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Nominate any number of people linking to their blogs and let them know you nominated them by commenting on their blogs.
-Come up with 7 questions for the people you nominated.
Alright, and here are the question Opresyshire has for me:
1. Who is your favorite poet?
As of right now, Rudy Fransisco. He writes a lot of amazing stuff.
2. If you could make a musical movie, which artist or band’s music would you use and what would the plot look like?
I’m assuming by musical movie you mean something where the music is more integrated and important to the movie at large. In that case, I would probably go with a band like PVRIS who has a more Rock/Electronic sound. As for the plot, It would probably end up being a more Shinkai-esk love story, but with more of a focus on side characters and the setting.
3. Which country would you want to visit that you’ve never been to before?
I definitely would like to go somewhere in Europe at some point. Maybe Germany or somewhere in the UK, not entirely sure though.
4. Which book would you like to see adapted as a movie or TV show? This can be a novel, novella, novelette, graphic novel, manga, or any form of literature.
My first Instinct would be to say No Game No Life, but I think a lot of it would have to be rewritten for a global audience to the point where it wouldn’t be the same story anymore. Still, it would be interesting to see someone make the attempt.
5. What is your favorite instrument to hear in music?
Electric Guitar, just because its not very often that it is utilized
6. If you had the power to give an unknown or under-appreciated musician the ability to have one of their songs to be a #1 hit, what musician/singer/band would it be and what song would it be from them to temporally get rid of the typical mainstream Top 40 doldrums?
Aesop Rock, easily. Definitely one of the best rappers know one knows about.
7. What is the worst case of protagonist centered morality you’ve seen in a movie, story, TV show, etc.? For those not familiar with the term, let me put it to you this way. What is something you’ve seen a heroic character do that was bad and would never get away with it if they were a villain?
Tbh, I’ve thought about it for a while, and I can’t come up with anything super egregious. I guess the amount of people they kill in Stranger Things is a bit questionable, but even then a lot of those situations are pretty justified.
And now, here are my questions:
- What’s the worst experience you have had at a convention(assuming you’ve been to one?) If not, what’s the worst experience you’ve had interacting with members of a fandom?
- How has your favorite piece art, be it a book, movie, TV series, etc, affected you as a person?
- Aside from blogging, what hobby, besides what you write about, takes up a significant portion of your time?
- How has writing on a blog affected you work outside of blogging?
- What do you believe to be the most important element of a good story?
- What is your favorite Podcast? Or, favorite music album from the last year?
- Is there such a thing as a Universal Morality? I.E. a set of moral codes that apply in all cases.
And now for the nominees. Since I know this award has been going for a while, anyone who wants to respond can do so, but I won’t nominate anyone specifically.
Also, if you would like to support Animated Observations, consider donating on Ko-fi or through paypal:
If you can’t, or just don’t feel like it, no worries. Thank you all for reading, and goodbye, for now, friendos!